I'm not sure where you're following the tutorial, but the version on the
official puppetlabs site doesn't include the phrase "site module".

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/learning/definedtypes.html#exercises

And for the bashrc file... You know normal stuff you'd have in a bashrc,
aliases, path modifications, variable exports, whatevs.