Hi,

is this puppet 3? I shall suppose it is.

With the parameter name of "bar", you likely trigger the automagic hiera
lookup of foo::bar, which is (naturally) not done using hiera_array.
Apparently, this overrides the explicit call to hiera_array.

I'm not sure wether that's as designed, you may want to open a bug if in
doubt.

Cheers,
Felix