Chris,

Already have the pluginsync directive in the [agent] section of my
puppet.conf - thanks for covering that off anyway.  I've included the
relevant Puppet manifest snippets below as I could be doing something very
very silly at a code level that someone could identify:

Firstly I have declared a class called 'websphere' which resides in
/etc/puppet/modules/websphere and my class code is in the init.pp file
located at /etc/puppet/modules/websphere/manifests. The code for this is as
follows:

*/etc/puppet/modules/websphere/manifests/init.pp*

class websphere::deploy {

  include lvm::filesystem

  file { "/opt/wasadmin/backup/build_NdmBase.tar":

    source  => "puppet:///files/build/websphere/build_NdmBase.tar",

    mode    => 0640,

    owner   => "wasadmin",

    group   => "wasgrp",

    require => Filesystem[ "/dev/mapper/root_vg-WebSphere" ],

The second component is my node definition which occurs on the nodes.pp
file, as follows:

*/etc/puppet/manifests/nodes.pp*

node websphereNode inherits base {

  include websphere::deploy

}

The third component is actually specifying an instance of the above node,
as follows:

*/etc/puppet/manifests/nodes.pp*

node "node.foo.com" inherits websphereNode {

}

I also have the puppetlabs/lvm module installed in the /etc/puppet/modules
directory.

Hope the code I have included in this response is of assistance to someone
to help me resolve this issue.

Thanks