Sorry, I meant I'm using Hiera as an ENC. I did see that PuppetDB has
report storage, but without an easy way to use that data (short of creating
my own interface utilizing queries to PuppetDB), it's not very useful yet.
I figured Foreman would be a decent drop-in for reports.

I got a suggestion from someone else to take a look at creating a custom
facts terminus and have the master sending facts directly to both Foreman
and PuppetDB, but that means designing my own REST interface. Kind of
daunting. Thanks for the tip though. I'll poke around foreman-users for
some ideas.

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Ken Barber <k...@puppetlabs.com> wrote:

> > I've been using PuppetDB as an ENC for a while,
>
> So PuppetDB is not an ENC, do you mean Foreman?
>
> > but I haven't really
> > utilized it for stored configs or anything. I was mostly interested in
> > replacing Dashboard's reporting capabilities, but PuppetDB doesn't yet do
> > anything (that I can see) with reports.
>
> So PuppetDB has experimental report storage:
>
> http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb/1.4/connect_puppet_master.html#edit-puppetconf
>
> > So I'm currently looking into
> > setting up a separate Foreman server.
> >
> > I saw the script mentioned in the manual that's meant to be run as a cron
> > job on the master, which should push facts to the Foreman, but is there a
> > way to do the reverse, and have the Foreman query the Master or PuppetDB
> > directly for facts?
>
> So this is possibly not the correct forum to ask? If you don't get an
> answer, you might want to ask on foreman-users:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/foreman-users
>
> ken.

Stephen Price