>From https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-cloud_connection :

Supported Modules?

The following modules are known to use this type to store credentials.

    • puppet-instance
    • puppet-loadbalancer
    • puppet-storage

If support is added to other modules, please send a pull request to update this
list.

Where are puppet-loadbalancer and puppet-storage ? The links take me to
GitHub's 404 page

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in
the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.”
Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nan Liu" <nan....@gmail.com>
To: puppet-users@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:35:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Puppet Users] Cloud Provisioning

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Chris McDermott < ch...@mcvine.net > wrote:

I'm looking for ways to manage multiple public cloud resources. Ideally I would
like to support the following providers:

AWS
GCE
Rackspace
Digital Ocean

Linode

And I would like to be able to manage everything - instances, volumes, load
balancers, IP addresses, database instances, etc. Even VPC's and their
equivalents.

I know this is totally pie-in-the-sky and there's nothing that meets all those
needs right now, which is OK - I'm happy to pick something with good
foundations and then help extend it. But I'm not even sure which modules to
pick to work on. Puppetlabs has Cloud Provisioner, which claims to be what I'm
looking for except that it only supports AWS, and then only ec2 instances as
far as I can tell. But Puppetlabs also makes a separate AWS module, and a GCE
module. I can't find any references to Rackspace, Digital Ocean, or Linode.

Has anyone else attempted anything like this? Is anyone currently using Cloud
Provisioner, and if so, how is it working out?

IMO, describing systems as resource makes much more sense. I'm guessing
load-balancer and storage repo are private, but take a look at:

https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-instance

https://github.com/puppetlabs/puppet-cloud_connection

HTH,

Nan