On dependency:
My view is that many modules require you to install another module for
working (let's take concat for example).

I like as a module developer to release modules that "depend" on official
modules from puppetlabs if possible and if able to contribute to them
becouse there ale lots of different flavors and I think that a user could
be happyer to get just a single module and not a tree of dependant stuff so
... agree that user has to be avware that if he want to use the two modules
together he has to comply to a naming convention on data but no module
dependancy around.
But this is just my approach and very personal.

On the the hiera stuff I also vould like to have a hiera_hash_lookup where
the function behaves in a single shot getting the value fron the hash and
instead of returning it it looks-up for the value to the external lookpu.
Maybe it could be an idea for a feature enancement this way it could be
cleaner for user.
But in any way user will have to be instructed to create a hash in the yaml
file with the reference and the real value in the csv file so maybe the
fact of having the cose in the module is not a big problem user should just
"use" it is more a developer "cleaness need".

In any case I'll use that approach.

Obviously the security stuff can be a problem, I agree that you cannot
protect all, but a level of protection could be useful if there could be a
extlookup-gpg like there is a hiera-gpg maybe it could be nice.

Thanks
Luca