One of my former co-workers did a talk about Mcollective at PuppetConf.
People involved in this thread might find it useful :) He gives some
examples about doing rolling restarts, you could do something very similar
with orchestrating agent runs.

http://puppetlabs.com/presentations/intro-systems-orchestration-mcollective