From the command line all works fine, only not from Puppet. BTW, I am not the only one with this complaint online on your forums and elsewhere, people complain that Tar works, but not UnTar. -S

On 9/12/13 5:54 AM, Matthew Burgess wrote:

On 11 September 2013 23:55, <slafreni...@b-e-f.org <mailto:slafreni...@b-e-f.org>> wrote:

    Ed, I am having trouble unzipping any tarball via Puppet.  So I
    installed your module to see how you might have done it.  It runs,
    it creates the javapath and copies the file... but I get the same
    error that I get on my modules... can I please ask how you made
    unzip work?  I am on Ubuntu 10.4.1, and  2.6.4 (Puppet Enterprise
    1.0).

    err: /Stage[main]/Apache-maven-v3/Exec[install_maven_v3]/returns:
    change from notrun to 0 failed: /bin/tar zxf
    /usr/local/java/apache-maven-3.0.3-bin.tar.gz returned 2 instead
    of one of [0] at
    /etc/puppetlabs/puppet/modules/apache-maven-v3/manifests/init.pp:18

What happens if you run '/bin/tar zxf /usr/local/java/apache-maven-
3.0.3-bin.tar.gz' from the command line?

Additionally, you could change your manifest so that it executes 'pwd && /bin/tar zxf /usr/local/java/apache-maven-3.0.3-bin.tar.gz' so that you can see what directory the contents of the file are being extracted to. My suspicion is that you're either extracting to the wrong directory, or the directory you're extracting to has incorrect permissions set on it or the tar file has incorrect permissions set on it.

Regards,

Matt.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group. To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/puppet-users/AlqzFLkTS28/unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to puppet-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.