Hi.

The docs say:

-----------------
timeout

The maximum time the command should take. If the command takes longer than
the timeout, the command is considered to have failed and will be stopped.
The timeout is specified in seconds. The default timeout is 300 seconds and
you can set it to 0 to disable the timeout

Does that mean if the timeout is exceeded puppet will skip to the next
operation, or will it actually try to terminate the command was exec'd?

I ask because we have a case where a script is running, it gets hung up (on
hardware issues) and the puppet run stalls forever.  The default timeout
does not seem to be honored.

This is on puppet-2.7.18-1.0.noarch in Centos 6.x

Thanks.
-G