Dear all,

I'm seeing this strange thing: When I run "*puppet agent -td*" on the node
(Nagios, in this example case), puppet fails to install Nagios3 (on Debian)
with this:

Debug: Executing '/usr/bin/dpkg-query -W --showformat ${Status} ${Package}
> ${Version}\n nagios3'
> Debug: Executing '/usr/bin/apt-get -q -y -o
> DPkg::Options::=--force-confold install nagios3'

Error: Could not update: Execution of '/usr/bin/apt-get -q -y -o
> DPkg::Options::=--force-confold install nagios3' returned 100: Reading
> package lists...
> Building dependency tree...
> Reading state information...
>   apache2-mpm-prefork bsd-mailx javascript-common libapache2-mod-php5
>   libjs-jquery liblockfile-bin liblockfile1 libonig2 libqdbm14
> nagios-images
>   nagios3-cgi nagios3-common nagios3-core php5-cli php5-common psmisc
>   wwwconfig-common
> Suggested packages:
>   php-pear nagios-nrpe-plugin mysql-client postgresql-client
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   apache2-mpm-worker
>   apache2-mpm-prefork bsd-mailx javascript-common libapache2-mod-php5
>   libjs-jquery liblockfile-bin liblockfile1 libonig2 libqdbm14
> nagios-images
>   nagios3 nagios3-cgi nagios3-common nagios3-core php5-cli php5-common
> psmisc
>   wwwconfig-common
> 0 upgraded, 18 newly installed, 1 to remove and 20 not upgraded.
> Need to get 5808 kB/10.9 MB of archives.
> After this operation, 31.3 MB of additional disk space will be used.
> Err http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-security/ wheezy/updates/main
> php5-common amd64 5.4.4-14+deb7u3
>   404  Not Found
> Err http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-security/ wheezy/updates/main
> libapache2-mod-php5 amd64 5.4.4-14+deb7u3
>   404  Not Found
> Err http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-security/ wheezy/updates/main php5-cli
> amd64 5.4.4-14+deb7u3
>   404  Not Found
> Failed to fetch
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/p/php5/php5-common_5.4.4-14+deb7u3_amd64.deb
>
> 404  Not Found
> Failed to fetch
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/p/php5/libapache2-mod-php5_5.4.4-14+deb7u3_amd64.deb
>
> 404  Not Found
> Failed to fetch
> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/p/php5/php5-cli_5.4.4-14+deb7u3_amd64.deb
>
> 404  Not Found
> E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with
> --fix-missing?

But if I run the same command (well, without '-y') on the node, it works
just fine.

root@ip-10-0-2-44:~# /usr/bin/apt-get -q -o DPkg::Options::=--force-confold
> install nagios3
> Reading package lists...
> Building dependency tree...
> Reading state information...
>   apache2-mpm-prefork bsd-mailx javascript-common libapache2-mod-php5
> libjs-jquery liblockfile-bin liblockfile1 libonig2
>   libqdbm14 nagios-images nagios3-cgi nagios3-common nagios3-core php5-cli
> php5-common psmisc wwwconfig-common
> Suggested packages:
>   php-pear nagios-nrpe-plugin mysql-client postgresql-client
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   apache2-mpm-worker
>   apache2-mpm-prefork bsd-mailx javascript-common libapache2-mod-php5
> libjs-jquery liblockfile-bin liblockfile1 libonig2
>   libqdbm14 nagios-images nagios3 nagios3-cgi nagios3-common nagios3-core
> php5-cli php5-common psmisc wwwconfig-common
> 0 upgraded, 18 newly installed, 1 to remove and 20 not upgraded.
> Need to get 5808 kB/10.9 MB of archives.
> After this operation, 31.3 MB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Any idea what am I missing here? Thanks in advance.
Cheers!!