On 10/8/13 2:27 PM, John wrote:
> I need to write a puppet SSHD module that does the following:
>
> First I have 5 different operating systems to install to: Red Hat, Free
> BSD, AIX, Ubuntu, and SuSE.
>
> The second requirements:
>
> If the host file contains an entry of host-A.domain.com (for example)
> then I need ssh-config1 installed.
>
> If the host file contains an entry of host-B.domain.com then I need
> ssh_config2 installed.
>
> If there is an entry in hosts for host-C.domain.com then I need
> ssh_config3 installed.
>
> Is there a sample SSH module that has such parameters, or can someone
> provide a generic template to follow such requirements?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi John,

I have a ssh module[1] that supports RHEL 5 and 6 that I would be happy
to collaborote with you to support your other OS's.

Your second requirement, though technically possible, is not the puppet
way of doing things. The Puppet way is to be declarative and say that
you have three different types of systems: A, B, and C. You would then
have code to declare that you want a specific entry of host-X.domain in
your hosts file and that you want a different ssh configuration. We want
to declare what the system should be instead of looking at the host
entry and basing the logic on that.

With the use of Hiera, you could easily have different configurations
for your three different classifications.

[1] - https://github.com/ghoneycutt/puppet-module-ssh

Best regards,
-g