Hi!

I am already successfully using puppet with puppet-dashboard in my
environment and would like to extend this to display the facts in
puppet-dashboard.
I understand that I need a puppetdb for that. Which I installed and I
already get successfull log messages there that facts are stored. So until
now everything seems to work.

Now I want to connect dashboard to puppetmaster and from the documentation
I read that I need to do the following:

$ sudo -u puppet-dashboard rake cert:create_key_pair $ sudo -u
puppet-dashboard rake cert:request

Well, I used the puppetlabs apt repository to install, so the users are
different. But what I do is:

cd /usr/share/puppet-dashboard
su www-data -c "rake cert:create_key_pair --trace"
su www-data -c "rake cert:request --trace"

The first thing is that with create_key_pair I get a "Key(s) already
exist." error message.
Because for some reason the method is called twice. I ignore this, as
afterwards I successfully find a public and private key in the
/usr/share/puppet-dashboard/certs directory. But nothing else. If there
should be more there at this point, please tell me so. Just the public and
private pem.

At issuing the cert:request command, I get the following error:

"SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B:
certificate verify failed"
and I don't find any request on the puppetmaster. (puppet cert list)

My setup is that, puppetmaster, puppetdb and puppet-dashboard are all
running on the same host.

What I already tried:
- Copying certs from the /var/lib/puppet/ssl directory and skip the create
and sign steps. But this doesn't work. Could easily be that I copied wrong
files. The puppet-dashboard issues the same error message on the node view
btw. (With or without keys in the puppet-dashboard/certs directory. The
only time I get another error there is when I give the files in the certs
directory a wrong permission. So it looks like it is looking at the
expected location)
- Debugging a little bit. But couldn't find out more. And I don't get a
better error message from the ssl code.
- Playing around for a day now. So I'm giving up. I need help :)

Installed puppet packages:

ii  puppet                          3.3.1-1puppetlabs1            all
   Centralized configuration management - agent startup and compatibility
scripts
ii  puppet-common                   3.3.1-1puppetlabs1            all
   Centralized configuration management
ii  puppet-dashboard                1.2.23-1puppetlabs1           all
   Dashboard for Puppet
ii  puppetdb                        1.5.0-1puppetlabs1            all
   PuppetDB Centralized Storage.
ii  puppetdb-terminus               1.5.0-1puppetlabs1            all
   Connect Puppet to PuppetDB by setting up a terminus for PuppetDB.
ii  puppetlabs-release              1.0-7                         all
   "Package to install Puppet Labs gpg key and apt repo"
ii  puppetmaster                    3.3.1-1puppetlabs1            all
   Centralized configuration management - master startup and compatibility
scripts
ii  puppetmaster-common             3.3.1-1puppetlabs1            all
   Puppet master common scripts

Debian Version: wheezy

Thanks in advance for any help,
Robert