Thanks again for your answers, they are quite useful!

On 10/15/2013 09:39 PM, Deepak Giridharagopal wrote:
> * You can certainly add the whole catalog for a node to a secondary
> PuppetDB

I actually think this is the way to go, at least in my case.

> * There is an endpoint to get the catalog for a node:
> /v3/catalogs/foo.com <http://foo.com> . The wire format of the result
> should be the same, documented catalog wire format as during
> insertion:
> http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppetdb/1.5/api/wire_format/catalog_format.html
> . I do believe, though, that we overlooked adding documentation for
> this new endpoint...apologies! A pull req adding those docs to the
> documentation/ directory of puppetdb would be much appreciated. :)

This is quite useful indeed! It even has the metadata part embedded.

It is quite strange that the wire format differs from the GET output (
/v3/nodes/<node>/resources ) in the sense that the replace catalog
command requires resources to have the "sourcefile" (from the GET) named
as "file", and "sourceline" as "line". The rest of the keys have the
same name and are compatible... it's a pity this small asymmetry. I
submitted a refactor request for this.

Thanks again,
Pablo