Hi everyone,

We are working on enhancing our internal testing so we can improve the
overall quality of Puppet releases. For example, I am one of two QA
engineers assigned full-time to testing Puppet's FOSS stack. I'm seeking
your input and experience to help us identify what we're missing and what
we can improve. We have an extensive test suite, but there's always room
for more testing and for better testing.

When a new version of Puppet is released, what do you try out before you
deploy the it in a production setting? What sorts of behaviors do you test
before you unleash a new release on unsuspecting machines and users? To
express it differently, what has bitten you in the past when deploying a
Puppet release? What makes you wary when installing a new release of Puppet?

Thanks!

Kurt