Den fredag den 25. oktober 2013 22.10.40 UTC+2 skrev Rob Reynolds:

> tl;dr: Windows manages permissions in a way that doesn't always translate
> well to mode. We're putting together a solution for this. Jump in the
> discussion.
>

> I wanted to get this conversation started. We've put a lot of thought into
> how the model should look and focused on ease of use up to more advanced
> scenarios.
>
> However I don't feel that what we have is complete. If you are familiar
> with Windows, we'd love to get your feedback. If you are not familiar with
> Windows, we'd still love to get your feedback.
>
> A couple of notes to start it off:
>
> 1. This is currently planned to be a module on the forge.

2. We have some changes to make to core puppet to better enable handing
> windows permissions (changes around how mode is applied on Windows now when
> not explicitly specified).

IMHO it should be possible to leave out mode (especially when ones declare
an acl instead) - and puppet should NOT care about mode (as in shouldn't
try to set it as it does not, and breaks windows permissions).

> 3. We tried to map somewhat close to the way Windows ACLs/DACLs/ACEs work.
>

> 4. We've also attempted to leave room for future expansion or application
> on POSIX systems. Note: this is not a primary goal, so unless there is a
> design consideration on the model, it's probably not something we will
> approach with this current effort.

acl should most definetely be applicable for any unix filesystem mounted
with ACL support :)

> The format could look something like the following:
>
> acl { 'c:/windows/temp/tempfile.txt':
>   ensure => present,
>   permissions => {
>     'Administrators' => ['full']
>     'bob' => ['mwrx'],
>     'SomeDomain\Lisa' => [x10000000,'allow','inherit','one_level'],
>     'S-5-1-18' => ['wrx','deny','inherit_objects_only','inherit_only']
>   },
> }
>
> acl { 'c:/windows/temp/locked_dir':
>   ensure => exact,

That one throws me.. ensure exact? I would expect 'exact' to be the same as
'present' (which in thise case is kinda odd wording- but so is exact.. who
would want puppet to "almost" ensure something?