On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Sam Oehlert <somidsc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are trying to set up PE 3.1 on RHEL 6 boxes. We were able to install
> the clients fine and they were listed as working in the console. After a
> while, we started to see a bunch of errors that look like this:
>
> Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
> Puppet::Parser::Compiler failed with error NoMethodError: undefined method
> `[]' for nil:NilClass on node (hostname here)
>
> They don't seem to really give any useful information. Other googling
> usually shows some error in a manifest at the end of the line that points
> to a specific line number in a .pp file, but we don't get that help even.
> Any ideas? If more information is needed, let me know and I'll find it.

Hi Sam,

You should ask this question on the pe-users mailing list.

With that said, the error is occurring on the master when compiling the
catalog for the node. I would start by looking at syslog on the master, and
if that doesn't help, try adding the --debug option to the PE master's
config.ru, and restarting pe-httpd.

Josh

--
Josh Cooper