Hi there,

I'm totally stuck with the following (cross-platform) problem:

- I use a custom type as exported resource which is being 'filled-in' on
Linux servers
  and this type should be realized / created by some ruby provider on a
Windows server.

Puppet on Linux and Windows is always 2.7.19.

My first test environment is completely on Linux which works fine.

I have written two providers in ruby - one for Linux, one for Windows
(testing was done by using the architecture fact for the confine statement
and because
I have amd64 and i386 Linux servers I was able to test that this works
flawlessly)

The second test environment is using the Windows server for a Puppet agent.

My problem now is that the ruby provider on Windows is not working as
expected.
I do not get any error and I do not get any notification from a single
resource.

Now I wonder what could be the reason.

What are the main differences between Puppet on Linux and Puppet on Windows?
Anyone who can prove that custom types and providers are working on Windows?

For me it seems that the resources which are stored in PuppetDB aren't
transferred
to the puppet agent on Windows. But I do not know how to check this.
Even the puppet.log file does not show anything helpful. How do I get all
notification
message written to the logfile on Windows? Are there different locations
for the logfile?

This seems to be a quite specific case, I did not find very much using
Google and
the documentation from PuppetLabs is not very comprehensive for this
(special) case.

Any hints?

Every idea is very appreciated ;-)