Puppet is really meant for managing systems, not data.  The data in LDAP is
really more like database data, not so much as system information, even
though many system services use it to get information.

Consider if you would use Puppet to manage data (like web site content) in
a MySQL database.  You might use Puppet to create the table structure as
part of the installation process, but not to revise the data itself.

❧ Brian Mathis