Yeah I'm with John. I don't know what your use case is, but if you want to
make sure that user's UID is set to a certain value, that's a great task
for Puppet's user management. Manage the user in a manifest and set the
UID, and Puppet will make sure it's set to that value each time the agent
runs. If it's got the wrong UID somehow, Puppet will fix it.

Rich