On Nov 15, 2013, at 2:35 PM, Jason Antman <ja...@jasonantman.com> wrote:
> As much as I hate to say this (for all of the people who write Puppet books)
> I've found that things are changing fast enough that I usually recommend one
> or two books for a beginner to get the ropes, and then after that, rely on
> the online documentation, the community (here and #puppet), and the many
> modules on the Forge and GitHub to answer more advanced questions and keep up
> with what people are doing.

Me too. That was exactly the target focus for the Packt Starter book:
http://www.netconsonance.com/instant-puppet-3-starter-book/

Get the terminology straight. Understand the SSL certificate hierarchy. Get
working, then go online.

Or: how to avoid confusion and flailing as your intro to the mailing list :)

--
Jo Rhett