Hello,
So I realize one of the main points of puppet is moving way from .sh
scripts but I'm at a point where I need to use one until I can get
everything figured out. The problem I'm having is that my scripts dont seem
to run properly if I have puppet call them.

We've got a decently complicated .sh script used to set up oracle database,
inlcuding partioning and the like. If I attempt to run it through puppet
the script will end after 300 seconds as timed out. To test a simpler case
I just made a little script as such:

#!/bin/sh
echo Something

Then if I try to use it with this (as a puppet agent run):

exec { "Thing":

provider => shell,
command => "sh /testscript.sh",
path => "(my path)"

}

I notice through --debug it says it executes the script but I don't see the
actual echo command comming out. I've read about logoutput => true and that
will give me the "Somthing" in the puppet information but if I run the big
script I still dont see anything. The install script opens with defining a
bunch of functions and then heading into a main, so I'm wondering if there
is something with puppet and scripts that doesn't want to just run? It
seems like it should just let the script run though. I have verified the
script works correctly when simply run straight in the shell.

Again, as I've moved some other programs and installs to puppet I realize
I'm kind of going against the puppet grain on this and eventually plan to
do away with sh scripts but for now, due to time constraints and having a
lot of this script written before I arrived here, I sort of need to put a
temporary fix on this one by running the script we've used for a while.

Thanks for the help, and double thanks if this is something out of my range
of understanding for scripts and puppet that I'm unaware of. I'm a bit of a
newbie to all this and have run through the tutorials and such but I think
there's a piece I'm blind to here. :)

-Daniel