Ruby version: ruby 1.8.7 (2011-06-30 patchlevel 352) [x86_64-linux]
Gem version: 1.8.15
Puppet version: 3.3.2-1puppetlabs1 (Puppetlabs apt repo)
Puppet Dashboard: 1.2.23-1puppetlabs1 (Puppetlabs apt repo)

I have successfully set up a puppet master, with two agents and the Puppet Dashboard following the instructions from the puppetlabs web site. When I use the internal, built-in web server, everything seems to work fine. Even though the init scripts in the Ubuntu packages seem to have a bug or two, it worked fine for me.

Now I wanted to move everything to the apache web server, as a test for a bigger environment later. The puppetmaster was easily set up, the puppetmaster-passenger deb works really great, like a charm.

With the install/config of the Puppet Dashboard in Apache2 I have more problems. I have edited the settings.yml file (http://pastebin.com/UUDKaJTi) and the database.yml (http://pastebin.com/mpznUhdQ) to configure the Dashboard and the MySQL database I use. I have copied the config.ru (http://pastebin.com/myZzrA9p) file to the /usr/share/puppet-dashboard directory and created the Apache configuration (http://pastebin.com/XDpSkvbk).

When I try to hit the site though, I am getting the message "Puppet Dashboard encountered an error. Something went wrong, and Puppet Dashboard was unable to render the requested page [...]" and a strange errror output in the production.log file (http://pastebin.com/aYYBRkEX).

I do not understand why Puppet Dashboard tries to create a MYI file in /tmp. It should not create anything locally at all. It should use the configured MySQL server.

When I execute

rake RAILS_ENV=production db:migration

in the Puppet Dashboard Directory, I get the same the same error. All these settings worked fine when I used the built-in Webrick, so I do not quite understand why this happens right now.

Hope that someone can help and put me on the right track.

Thanks,
-Jason