Hi Felix,

The DisplayName from the registry key
HKEYY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\NSClientpp\DisplayName is
"NSClient++ (x64)"  in binary it is

A hexdump of whats in my puppet manifest on linux gives

534e 6c43 6569 746e 2b2b 2820 3678 2934
000a

while what regedit says its storing is

4e 00 53 00 43 00 6c 00
69 00 65 00 6e 00 74 00
2b 00 2b 00 20 00 28 00
78 00 36 00 34 00 29 00
00 00

Is it possible its a windows utf16 to utf8 on Linux issue?