Afternoon all

I've read a fair few blogs, slideshares and other sources recently around
Module testing in Puppet, and it has spurned me on to start writing a test
framework around our internal modules... Yes, we aren't currently testing
our internal modules... Yes, we *should *be, and yes, I could give you a
list of excuses why we aren't, but the long and short is we (I) want to
start to :)

Anyhow, I've been playing with puppetlabs_spec_helper, puppet-lint,
hiera-puppet-helper, librarian-puppet and Jenkins over the past couple of
days, and have got a working test framework finally... After lots of to-ing
and fro-ing with Hiera helpers, Rspec helpers, etc...

So I've currently got Jenkins running parser tests, lint tests, and am guna
start running spec tests shortly, of which I currently have the grand sum
of 1 (yes, one).
However one thing I'm struggling to find is how to generate Puppet test
code coverage stats...

So Puppetlabs_spec_helper includes *'rake* *coverage*', with a description
of:
"rake coverage         # Generate code coverage information".

However this doesn't appear to currently do anything useful :(

$ ruby -S rcov -Ispec:lib --exclude spec ./spec/classes/server/linux_spec.rb
> -bash-4.1$

I found a snippet on the Puppetlabs blog [1] which says:

'coverage' runs rcov on your spec tests; it is only useful if your module
> includes Ruby extensions to Puppet.

So my reading of that is that rcov doesn't check Puppet manifest coverage,
only Ruby extensions?
If that's the case, is there any alternative that *will *generate Puppet
manifest code coverage?

Or am I completely barking up the wrong tree???

As always, thanks in advance for any responses/comments/etc...

Cheers
Gavin

[1] http://puppetlabs.com/blog/the-next-generation-of-puppet-module-testing