HI Jason,

No I have no hesitations at all and yes, I would enjoy seeing your Postgres
code
and learning from it and can share back.

So the thought here is to have all the configuration data, client data,
node data, in
a Postgres database (the one on the Puppet Master) and used downline by all
the various
Linux apps which need it, including Puppet.

I take it (hopefully) this is not too unusual and bizarre in the world of
Puppet.