I'm doing some testing with the puppetlabs/haproxy module on a vagrant box
with puppet 3 set up. The module we use requires exported resources to be
enabled in order to specify haproxy backends, but I don't have it
configured in puppet. I have our puppet repo checked out to the VM and am
using puppet apply, pointed at the specific module path we use for
development, to configure the box.

>From what I've read during my web searching, it seems that basically the
only way to do storeconfigs is by setting up puppetdb. We do have a
puppetdb server set up in production, but I don't really want to have to
point disposable dev environments at it, just to test stuff. I also don't
want to go to the effort of setting up a puppetdb environment locally to do
the same thing.

Is there any simple way to enable storeconfigs for basic development
purposes? ie, a file-based or sqlite solution? I know there used to be an
sqlite solution available but everything I read tells me it's deprecated.
There doesn't appear to be a definitive resource for storeconfigs
documentation, and AFAICT it's puppetdb or nothing else.

Thanks,
Guy