My puppetmaster is running as the user puppet. I logged into the system as
puppet and was able to access the directory
/opt/our-repo/puppetmaster/modules. I did a chown -R puppet:puppet
/opt/our-repo/puppetmaster just to make certain and it still is
unrecognised. Just get the message in the puppet client log.

2013-12-10 14:57:51 +0000 Puppet (err): Could not retrieve catalog from
remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Could not find class ec2metadata for
ip-10-0-22-220 on node ip-10-0-22-220

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 7:02 AM, Felix Frank <
felix.fr...@alumni.tu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the approach looks fine. Can you share the complete path to the newapp
> class when it's not working?
>
> Beware that the puppet master process drops its privileges after basic
> initialization. You may have to make sure that the puppet user (or
> whichever is being used) can access your alternate modules tree.
>
> HTH,
> Felix
>
> On 12/06/2013 08:12 PM, john.pye...@singlewire.com wrote:
> >
> > _Can anyone tell me the incantation I need to make puppetmasterd
> > recognize my /opt/our-repo/puppetmaster/modules directory_?

John Pyeatt
Singlewire Software, LLC
www.singlewire.com