Hi,

I have just published the module I use to manage POSIX ACLs : fooacl

I don't consider it the cleanest possible approach to the problem, but
it's very efficient and flexible. I would actually call it a hack :-)

There's room for improvement, such as splitting out Execs per managed
path to avoid useless re-applying on unchanged paths, or using file
snippets without concat to avoid depending on that module. Pull
requests are more than welcome :-)

I'll publish it to the forge shortly, too.

https://github.com/thias/puppet-fooacl

Short extract of the README :

--
Most (all?) other ACL modules implement a type which can be declared
only once per file, which isn't flexible. This module takes the unusual

Features :

 * Set ACLs for the same path from different parts of your puppet
   manifests (flexible).
 * Set global ACL permissions to be applied for all paths managed by
   the module (flexible).
 * Automatic purging of ACLs on paths as long as at least one ACL is
   still being applied by the module (remove users easily and
   reliably).
 * Automatic setting of both normal and default ACLs to the same values
   (shortens declarations, increases code readability).
--

Feedback welcome!

Matthias

--
            Matthias Saou                  ██          ██