Hi everyone,

I've been using a traditional model within puppet defining nodes, applying
classes, and some logic within in a pp file. I'm now in the process of moving
everything away from this model as it has grown beyond the manageable size.

I'm looking at using foreman as an enc and at the same time refactor our
modules to use the role/profiles model. What I'm stuck on is using parameters.
Do I need to add parameters to my various role or profiles and then feed those
into the actual modules? Does a simpler method exist? We're trying to move away
from hiera not because it isn't great but we want to have the data more
visible, foreman seems to provide this.

Basic goal is to be able to "see" that a node has a role applied and then
override some settings as needed. Foreman provides a nice GUI interface and
makes overriding values easy with parameterized classes. But putting a ton of
parameters into a role class just seems wrong.

Suggestions? Thanks!