On 12/19/2013 04:44 PM, Patrick Gibson wrote:
> Thanks, all. I was originally hoping to just be able to build ports the old
> fashioned way, but have abandoned that route. I've upgraded to pkgng and am
> successfully using the zleslie/pkgng provider. Things are going well and
> I'm already very excited at how easy it's going to be to setup new systems.
> I'm at a point where the prebuilt packages weren't compiled with the
> options I needed, so I'm quickly learning all about poudriere and setting
> up a build machine.
>
> One minor thing I've noticed whose only impact is cluttering up the
> important output is warning messages like:
>
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.0/puppet/provider/package/freebsd.rb:18:
> warning: class variable access from top-level

The PACKAGE_ORIGIN patch needs to be disabled on the puppet port which is the
root cause of the warning. Someone should probably put in a PR to ports to
disable the patch by default so the default binary builds don't have it.

A hack'ish way to deal with it, as I have done, is to override the provider in a
module's lib directory by copying the standard provider ruby source file to
<modulename>/lib/puppet/provider/package/freebsd.rb.

--
Russell A. Jackson <r...@csub.edu>
Network/Datacenter Operations