Hello Everyone,

PuppetDB is behaving strangely despite my fqdn, /etc/hosts files,
firewalls, and ntp, being configured correctly.  FYI, I do not use DNS in
my enviornment.  Also, I have followed previously posted suggestions
regarding jetty.ini and confirming /etc/hosts.

After an initial install of Puppet Master (tried both CentOS 6.4 and Ubuntu
12.04 ) and the Puppet agent on one Ubuntu 12.04 node and one CentOS 6.4
node, my puppet agent --test runs will complete successfully 1 or 2 times.

Then, I start getting the following output:

root@puppetnode01:~# puppet agent --test
Info: Retrieving plugin
Info: Loading facts in
/var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/postgres_default_version.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/windows.rb
Info: Loading facts in
/var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/ip6tables_version.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/iptables_version.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/custom_auth_conf.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/root_home.rb
Info: Loading facts in
/var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/iptables_persistent_version.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/facter_dot_d.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/puppet_vardir.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/concat_basedir.rb
Info: Loading facts in
/var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/puppetdb_server_status.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/opt/lib/pe-puppet/lib/facter/pe_version.rb
*Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
Failed to submit 'replace facts' command for puppetnode01.vmtrooper.local
to PuppetDB at puppetmaster.vmtrooper.local:8081: Connection refused -
connect(2)*
*Warning: Not using cache on failed catalog*
*Error: Could not retrieve catalog; skipping run*

Eventually I get the following *additional* error messages:

root@puppetnode01:~# puppet agent --test
*Warning: Unable to fetch my node definition, but the agent run will
continue:*
*Warning: Error 400 on SERVER: Could not retrieve facts for
puppetnode01.vmtrooper.local: Failed to find facts from PuppetDB at
[...]

Puppet Enterprise's own scheduled collections continue to run successfully.
 It's just when I attempt to run my own puppet agent runs, it gives the
errors.  Has anyone seen this?

Thanks,
Trevor