On 01/13/2014 08:51 AM, Denis Kot wrote:
> I have the following classes:

<trim>

> node 'prerun' {
>    class {'zabbix-agent': stage => pre}
> }
>
> but that code produces error:
>
> err: Could not apply complete catalog: Found dependency cycles in the
> following relationships: Service[zabbix-agent] =>

<cut>

> what's wrong? if I comment out 'notify' puppet doesn't complain, but
> doesn't restart service too.

From my quick look at it, it would appear that your 'pre' stage is the
cause of it.  Judging by it's name, I'm assuming you have a

stage { 'pre': before => Stage['main'] }

Somewhere in your manifiests?

I've found that stages are very finicky about the order of items,
especially when doing relationships between items in different stages.
I try to avoid stages whenever possible and do resource ordering within
the main puppet stage to ensure items are created in the correct order.
 The few places I do use stages, I have them run after main and I'll
eventually work to remove them.

Have you tried running it without the stage?

--
Joseph Swick <joseph.sw...@meltwater.com>
Operations Engineer