Hi list,

I have a define type with parameters like this:

define user (   $username=$title,
                $comment='',
                $uid='',
                $gid=$uid,
                $groups=[ 'users',],
                $password='',
                $shell="/bin/false",
                $sudo=false,
                $sudo_nopasswd=false, ) {
#### actual definition
}

That gets called by init.pp:

class users ($data) {
        create_resources(user, $data)
}

I'm trying to pass a yaml to it:
user:
  uid: 500
  comment: Test user
  password: PW HASH
  shell: /bin/bash

Now this works perfectly fine, and the user gets created, but as soon as I
try to pass sudo it fails (it does the same for the sudo_nopasswd
parameter):
user:
  uid: 500
  comment: Test user
  password: PW HASH
  shell: /bin/bash
  sudo: true

Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
Invalid parameter sudo on node puppet.local

It does not matter if I do anything with the sudo parameter. The default
works, but as soon as I alter it via yaml it throws the error. There is no
sudo class, not any other parameter containing "sudo" in the host yaml.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!