Kaustubh,

The *easiest* method would be to use PuppetDB, but until a feature
request (https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PDB-16) is finished, it
only stores successful reports, not failed ones. Hopefully that ticket
will get closed soon, but it would probably be at least weeks until it
gets released.

If you're comfortable with it, you can hook into the Puppet Dashboard
database to pull out the information you want. I don't think there are
any real documents about it, because the database isn't really intended
to be used by anything other than Dashboard itself. But the schema is
pretty stable. You should be able to just connect to MySQL as the same
user that Dashboard uses and find what you need - the schema is pretty
straightforward. If you need a rough example, you can take a look at a
Nagios check I wrote that uses the Dashboard DB
(https://github.com/jantman/nagios-scripts/blob/master/check_puppet_dashboard_node.pl)
though it may be for an older version of Dashboard, so some things may
have changed.

The last thing you could do, which is probably the most time consuming,
is to implement your own custom report processor in Ruby to do whatever
you want with the reports. Documentation on this can be found in the
Reporting Guide, at http://docs.puppetlabs.com/guides/reporting.html

-Jason