Hi all,

I would like to monitor a configuration directory (a bunch of apache vhost
config files) with puppet.
For several reasons it would be neccessary to deploy the configs with a RPM
package which is built by a Jenkins CI server.

Using a package ressource and just ensure => latest would be easy of
course, but what I want to make sure is that puppet recognizes when
somebody or something changes the config files on the filesystem and then
forces the contents of my RPM package.

I believe that RPM isn't designed to force overwrite of configs which it
owns.

Is it possible to monitor a directory recursively with puppet and trigger a
RPM reinstall or something like that?

Or am I completely on the wrong track?

Thanks,
Marco