Hi all,

I'm now looking forward to implement mcollective on some servers I manage
and I found a strange issue with mco command-line tool.

I need to install/remove packages using mcollective. When I'm trying to
install a package I don't get any error response from mco however package
is not installed:

root@puppetmaster:/home/ubuntu# mco rpc --with-fact company_role=demo-test3
>> --json package install package=nano-tiny
>
> [
>
>   {
>
>     "data": {
>
>       "output": "",
>
>       "properties": {
>
>         "status": "missing",
>
>         "ensure": "purged",
>
>         "error": "ok",
>
>         "name": "nano-tiny"
>
>       }
>
>     },
>
>     "statuscode": 0,
>
>     "statusmsg": "OK",
>
>     "sender": "ip-10-43-145-240",
>
>     "agent": "package",
>
>     "action": "install"
>
>   }
>
> ]

The output on demo-test3 node:

ubuntu@demo-test3:~$ dpkg -l | grep nano-tiny

ubuntu@demo-test3:~$

I'm using the following versions of mcollective:

root@puppetmaster:/home/ubuntu# dpkg -l | grep mcoll

ubuntu@demo-test3:~$ dpkg -l | grep mcoll
> ii  mcollective                      2.2.4-1
> build server orchestration or parallel job execution systems
> rc  mcollective-client               1.2.1+dfsg-2ubuntu1.1
> Build server orchestration or parallel job execution systems
> ii  mcollective-common               2.2.4-1
> build server orchestration or parallel job execution systems
> ii  mcollective-facter-facts         1.0.0-1
> Puppetlabs Facter facts plugin
> ii  mcollective-puppet-agent         1.6.0-1                           Run
> Puppet agent, get its status, and enable/disable it
> ii  mcollective-puppet-common        1.6.0-1                           Run
> Puppet agent, get its status, and enable/disable it

In the same time when I'm trying to uninstall already present package it
works like a charm.

Can anyone advice how to deal with installation of packages?

Thanks in advance,
Alex