Hello, I was wondering if anyone can give me a pointer on how to solve an
ambiguous Puppet error "Function not implemented" when attempting to create
a file using the 'file' resource type.  The '--debug' flag does not produce
useful information.

My puppet manifests work fine on several other physical and virtual hosts.
 This error appears on a new host that was recently installed.  The
software and hardware configuration of this new host are almost identical
to all other systems on which the same puppet manifests runs normally.

I notice the error message is appending (what appears to be) the temporary
file name used in generating a diff to the managed resource.

I put the error message and relevant manifest on a web page as well as
excerpt them below.

Can someone offer suggestions on how I can debug this?

Thank you,
Jon

Full manifest is located here:

http://jaroker.org/technical_notes/issues/software/puppet/start

The error message is:

err: /Stage[main]//Node[bose]/Openvz::Bindmount[apps07]/File[Bind Mount Config
for apps07 on bose]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Could not set
'present on ensure: Function not implemented -
/etc/vz/conf/1107.mount20140128-9690-11oic7u-0 at
/etc/puppet/modules/common/openvz/manifests/bindmount.pp:47

This error is being triggered by the following resource:

        file { "Bind Mount Config for ${container} on ${host}":
            ensure  => present,
            path    => $bind_conf,
            content => template('openvz/mount.conf.erb','common/header.sh.erb'),
            mode    => 740, #(Proxmox file system unable to chmod)