On Thursday, January 30, 2014 8:22:35 AM UTC-6, jcbollinger wrote:

> Looking at the Facter source, however, it seems pretty likely that the
> problem revolves around the file /etc/debian_version having been removed
> from the node.

Hmm.  Having re-read the problem description, I am less confident in my
first response.  It's still worthwhile to check /etc/debian_version,
though, and to verify more directly (i.e. via a Notify) what fact values
the master is receiving for key facts.  I stand by my assertion that the
proximal issue is more likely outside Puppet than inside.

If /etc/debian_version is not related to the problem, then it might be
helpful to see one of the templates that is behaving unexpectedly.

John