Hi,

I have a module called system_info which sets a custom fact based on some
company-specific details about the host. For example, it might set
something like this:

system_info_rack_number=27

(This fact is set by a lib/facter/system_info.rb bit of Ruby code, although
the same is true if I set static facts)

I'd like to use this fact in other Puppet modules. There's no problem doing
this in most cases, except when you're doing a bare-metal install.On a bare
metal install, it runs the lib/facter/system_info.rb file as the Puppet run
starts, but that returns nothing because the rest of the module isn't
installed yet (so a binary it needs isn't there). That means I've got no
facts on this puppet run.

This seems weird because my 'client' module can even have a "require
'system_info'" specification, which means that Puppet will (as per doco)
run the system_info class in its entirety before my 'client' module - yet I
don't get the facts from that module.

Is there a way around this? At the moment, I have to run Puppet twice to
get things to install - which is a long way from ideal.

Any help much appreciated.

...Ralph