Hi,

good thinking, but the CA certificate is not used when accepting SSL
connections (or it shouldn't be, as far as I'm concerned).

You can determine the certificate that is presented using

openssl s_client -connect puppetserver.ops.ss:8445 (assuming that is
your masterport).

You may need to share the server cert among your masters, not only the
CA cert.

HTH,
Felix