Hi,

I'm trying to create an autosign policy which checks for a custom attribute
in the CSR but I'm having some issue with the master not signing the
request.

My client has the following in /etc/puppet/csr_attributes.yaml

custom_attributes:
  1.2.840.113549.1.9.7: foo

My policy is a simple bash script, in this case checking for foo

#!/bin/bash

CUSTOM_ATTR=$(echo "$(cat)" | grep "challengePassword" | awk -F ":"
'{print$2}')

if [[ "$CUSTOM_ATTR" == "foo" ]]
then
   exit 0
else
   exit 1
fi

I had tested with the following, I'm guessing the issue is with my script
not reading in the CSR from puppet? If anyone has any examples of policies
they have created I would love to see them (this seems to be lacking in the
puppet documentation).

sudo openssl req -noout -text -in
/var/lib/puppet/ssl/ca/requests/mynode.pem | /etc/puppet/autosign.sh; echo
$?
0

Many thanks,
George