On Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:19:23 PM UTC-8, paul....@complex.com
wrote:

> I have been doing some experimenting with Puppet + Hiera with some of my
> hashes, but when it is going through my hierarchy it is returning whatever
> hash it hits first and skipping the others.
>
> For my node 'sandbox1'
>
> sandbox.pp:
>
> node /^sandbox\d+/ {
>   class { 'php':}
>   notify { 'PHP hash':
>     message => hiera('php::augeas',{})
>   }
>   $php_settings = hiera('php::augeas',{})
>   create_resources('php::augeas',$php_settings)
> }

The `hiera` lookup function only returns the first key it finds --- which
is the behavior you are observing. For hash merge lookup, you will need to
use the `hiera_hash` function in your manifest instead of `hiera`.

For full details, see the docs on Hiera lookup functions:

http://docs.puppetlabs.com/hiera/1/puppet.html#hiera-lookup-functions

Hope this helps!

-Charlie