Sorry for such a delay in replies, I had figured this out and forgot about
this thread. ;)

Yes, I did run it in debug mode and found out the problem was that
pdns-recursor
does not have a 'status' available, so puppet didn't know what to do.

I implemented the status function in /etc/init.d/pdns-recursor and now
everything
is working properly.  Thank you so much for your help!

-- Rob