The /etc/puppet/puppet.conf looks like this:

[main]
   logdir = /var/log/puppet
   rundir = /var/run/puppet
   ssldir = $vardir/ssl
   pluginsync = true
   storeconfigs = true
   storeconfigs_backend = puppetdb

[live]
   modulepath = /etc/puppet//modules/live
   manifest = /etc/puppet/manifests/live/site.pp

[test]
   modulepath = /etc/puppet/modules/test
   manifest = /etc/puppet/manifests/test/site.pp

[dev]
   modulepath = /etc/puppet/modules/dev
   manifest = /etc/puppet/manifests/dev/site.pp

[sandbox]
   modulepath = /etc/puppet/modules/sandbox
   manifest = /etc/puppet/manifests/sandbox/site.pp

[agent]
   environment = live
   classfile = $vardir/classes.txt
   localconfig = $vardir/localconfig
   report = true
   runinterval = 1800
   archive_files = true

[master]
   reports = http, puppetdb
   certname = puppet.local.domain
   dns_alt_names = puppet,puppet.local.domain
   ssl_client_header = SSL_CLIENT_S_DN
   ssl_client_verify_header = SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY

*puppetversion: *3.4.3
*facterversion: *1.7.5
*puppetdb: *1.6.2

Another Error i just noticed on my puppet master (maybe this is connected):

$ puppet resource package puppet
Error: Could not run: undefined method `prune_parameters' for nil:NilClass

(I'm cko in #puppet)