We are periodically seeing the error

*Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Could
not find class webadminserver*

In our puppet agent logs even though the module/webadminserver files are
there.

But I'm wondering if there is a timing/file refresh issue involved.

When we push new code out to our puppetmaster we perform the following
steps:
1) copy the new code to a temporary location on the puppetmaster
2) rm -rf   the modules directory the puppetmaster uses
3) cp -r from the temporary location into the modules directory

Sometimes when the puppet agent's next run we will see the error described
above. I'm wondering if the puppetmaster is not refreshing its inode values
between the time of the rm/cp combination and a puppet agent's attempt to
pull down the new code.

Has anyone ever seen this? Does my hypothesis make sense? Does anyone have
a better way to deploy the code to puppetmaster remotely without an outage?

--
John Pyeatt
Singlewire Software, LLC