Following the mcollective documentation [1] for adding clients to execute
mco commands when using SSL I am getting an error executing the 'puppet
certificate generate' command as my user account.  I feel like I'm missing
something very obvious here.

$ puppet certificate generate treydock --ssldir
~/.mcollective.d/credentials --ca-location remote --ca_server
puppet.<DOMAIN>
Error: The certificate retrieved from the master does not match the agent's
private key.
Certificate fingerprint:
E3:EA:FA:AD:68:53:D8:AF:DB:63:C9:2A:89:CC:68:AA:4F:B2:35:F6:9F:8C:E0:3C:3F:56:D5:1F:41:45:0D:53
To fix this, remove the certificate from both the master and the agent and
then start a puppet run, which will automatically regenerate a certficate.
On the master:
  puppet cert clean login3.<DOMAIN>
On the agent:
  rm -f /home/treydock/.mcollective.d/credentials/certs/login3.<DOMAIN>.pem
  puppet agent -t

Error: Try 'puppet help certificate generate' for usage

This happens from all my systems.

The host 'login3' puppet.conf (comments removed):

$ cat /etc/puppet/puppet.conf
[main]
    logdir = /var/log/puppet
    rundir = /var/run/puppet
    ssldir = $vardir/ssl
    privatekeydir = $ssldir/private_keys { group = service }
    hostprivkey = $privatekeydir/$certname.pem { mode = 640 }
    autosign       = $confdir/autosign.conf { mode = 664 }

[agent]
    classfile = $vardir/classes.txt
    localconfig = $vardir/localconfig
    default_schedules = false