On 2014-03-27 11:08, Ankita kumari wrote:
Hi,

I am new to puppet. I have installed puppet agent and puppet master on
two different centos. For starting communication between client and
server I am sending request from client. This certificate is signed my
master. But on client it is giving this error

Info: Caching certificate for puppetagentappd.eng.vmware.com
Error: Could not request certificate: Server hostname
'puppetmasterappd.eng.vmware.com' did not match server certificate;
expected one of centos, DNS:centos, DNS:puppet

Your puppetmaster is calling itself "one of centos, DNS:centos, DNS:puppet", but you're expecting to talk to "puppetmasterappd.eng.vmware.com". Therefore your agent refuses to talk to this server. Use the "certname" configuration directive or fix the hostname of the puppetmaster to generate and use certificates matching the required hostnames.

Regards, David