Hi.

Had the following error in my messages log from the puppet gent daemon, i.e. the client side:

{/Stage{main}/web_server/File{/var/www/html/index.html]) Could not evaluate: Could not retrieve file metadata for puppet://modules/web_services/client1/html/index.html: Connection refused - connect(2)

Now maybe I wouldn't be quite so annoyed if I hadn't been chasing file protocols and network problems for four days on this one. And the computer gods know I've google it enough and seen all kinds of responses.

Please, please, please would it be too much trouble for a simple "file or directory not found" error instead? That's what the problem was. But I just spend four days googling this and try to find nonexistent network problems among other things.

I like the idea of puppet especially with a huge install client base or compute cluster etc. But come on guys. Is it too much task for simpler more direct and meaningful error reporting?

Chris.