Hi all,

This is probably a real newbie question, but I'm having trouble overriding
a value in Hiera that is defined in my common.yaml in a more specific
role-based yaml file:

common.yaml -

lvm::volume_groups:
  rootvg:
    physical_volumes:
      - /dev/sda3
    logical_volumes:
      root_vol:
        size: 1G
        mountpath: '/'
        mountpath_require: true
      var_vol:
        size: 4G
        mountpath: '/var'
        mountpath_require: true

The following works, in that the var_vol volume is resized to 18G, but it
ends up overriding the entire hash (and therefore all the other LV's
defined in common.yaml are no longer managed).

web.yaml -

lvm::volume_groups:
  rootvg:
    physical_volumes:
      - /dev/sda3
    logical_volumes:
      var_vol:
        size: 18G
        mountpath: '/var'
        mountpath_require: true

Is it possible to only override the size parameter of the var_vol entry?

Thanks,

Matt