Thanks Henrik ,

I would like to find a file and  parse it  , so that would be on the agent
, creating a puppet function would not work , as master  will not be able
to access those files.
You said Can be done with Resources , how can i include a ruby block in my
manifest , i know using exec resource i can run a ruby script , but any
better way to do it.

Regards,
Ritesh

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Henrik Lindberg <
henrik.lindb...@cloudsmith.com> wrote:

> On 2014-08-05 19:03, Ritesh Nanda wrote:
>
>> Hello ,
>>
>> I would like to use ruby dsl in my manifest . Online doc for this topic
>> is very limited , i am stuck at a place where i want to use ruby DIr
>> class to find a particular file in a directory and then run operation on
>> it .
>> Is it possible to use  ruby dsl for puppet in this way.
>>
>>  The ruby DSL is deprecated and will be removed in Puppet 4.
>
> What you want is probably to write a function in Ruby.
> The deprecated Ruby DSL was a way to write manifests in .rb files instead
> of .pp files.
>
> If what you want to do is something that executes on the master side, you
> implement it as a function. If it is something that should run on the
> agent, it is implemented as a resource type.
>
> Regards
> - henrik
>

>> Regards,
>> Ritesh Nanda
>>

>> --

>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/fcb75cd4-
>> 68fa-4ed6-93a0-596d175f87fe%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/fcb75cd4-
>> 68fa-4ed6-93a0-596d175f87fe%40googlegroups..com?utm_
>> medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> msgid/puppet-users/lkge4q%24tb1%241%40ger.gmane.org.

* With Regards  *

* Ritesh Nanda*

 <http://www.ericsson.com/>